Wednesday, July 24, 2013

An Upstairs Birdfeeder

On my last post, I gave a little teaser about a birdfeeder that I helped my neighbor install outside her kitchen window.  She found so many of them online but they are all made of plastic and have to be attached to the glass by suctions cups. 



She found this one online:

Close up views of birds are thrilling. Cardinals, chickadees and finches alike just can't resist this open-concept windowpane feeder. Our durable, clear-plastic feeder is easy to use, simple to hang, quick to fill and clean. Three suction cups provide a strong grip to any window. 12 x 4 x 5-1/2 inches.



Item: 742
Price:$25.95
Quantity:

Neither one of us liked the fact that the suction cups were visible and look at the price of this piece of PLASTIC!

Say hello to a little teacher creativity!  Yes, my neighbor is a teacher also.  

A pretty wooden birdfeeder and clear command strips.


It was pretty simple to install too.  I love these windows.  They can be opened to the inside which makes them so easy to clean on the outside.  It also makes it a lot easier to hang a window birdfeeder without using a ladder.






If you look really close you can see a little bit of the clear command strips but we strategically placed them  (that's teacher lingo) where they are not in the center of the glass and can be covered by the blinds. 
Perfect! You can't even see the command strips.

I want one now!  (Took the picture with my iPad so that is why it is so dark)

No comments:

Post a Comment